“Art is never finished, only abandoned.”
– Leonardo da Vinci
Ever since I’ve read Paper Towns I always thought about discovering some abandoned places someday, and how wonderful that would be. I searched for some abandoned places and I found some unbelievable beautiful places! To me abandoned places means: “Places who are stuck in time and left behind, but beautiful discovered.” And for some reason I think that some of them are extremely beautiful, here is my top 6 Abandoned places.
1. Richardson Olmsted Complex is a mental asylum in Buffalo, New York build opened in 1870. The building was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1986.
2. A abandoned castle in Europe, (Photo was made by photographer Matthias Haker, who won’t give the location because he doesn’t want it to be vandalized.)
3. Jet Star Rollercoaster is a rollercoaster in Seaside Heights, New Jersey. That was opened in 2002, later in 2012 It was destroyed when Hurricane Sandy struck on October 29.
4. City Hall Loop, is a abandoned subway in New York City. opened in 29 1904 by the Interborough Rapid Transit Company (IRT), named the Manhattan Main Line and closed in 1945.
5. Klevan Railway station, is a train station near Klevan, Ukrain. it’s called the “Tunnel of Love railway.”
6. Abandoned military rocket factory in Moscow, Russia (a girl named Lana Sator snuck in and took photo’s)